Want to get ahead? Use our scholarship checklist to start getting items checked off BEFORE the application opens!
You'll need to write essays for your college scholarships, applications, and WPSF. Here are examples of essay questions you might be asked to write for applications.
- Prompt 1: Create two questions that drive you. Briefly tell us why you chose these two questions (100-200 word limit)
- Prompt 2: Its been 10 years since you graduated from college and you're famous. What are you famous for and why? (100-200 word limit)
- Prompt 3: If your name were an acronym, what would it stand for and how would it reflect your strengths & personality? (100-200 word limit)
- Prompt 4: What do you think your experience will be like in college? What major changes do you anticipate to encounter for the first time? (100-200 word limit)
- Prompt 5: Think about your volunteer or job experiences so far. Which one has been the most impactful to you? In what specific way has this experience affected you? (100-200 word limit)
If you are eligible, you'll be required to submit your FAFSA or CASFA during the WPSF scholarship application process.
Click to be routed to the commonapp where you will be able to apply to multiple colleges at once! Start local and go global. Identify at least 5 colleges that align with your long-term career goals!
Your recommendation form will not be required but you may provide them if you'd like. They will be submitted to the WPSF scholarship team directly from this person via a link provided in the scholarship application. Share the link with them via email before the scholarship application deadline. Please give them a heads up to expect this from you.
Start talking to your teachers, coaches, employers etc. about this today. You can have up to 2 people to submit an online recommendation form for you before the scholarship deadline. Here are some things to consider as you choose who to pick:
1. Can this person talk about my potential for college?
2. Have I known this person long enough?
3. What information could I share about myself with this person prior to them submitting this recommendation form?
4. When should I share the recommendation form with them?