Thank you for your interest in the 2021-2022 WPSF scholarship application! The Westminster Public Schools Foundation offers scholarships for post-secondary education to high school seniors from WPS school district only.
Last year, the foundation awarded over $230,000 in scholarships to 30 students from Westminster Public Schools attending various post-secondary institutions.
Here are some important items that you might be required to complete. This is a scholarship only open to graduating seniors in high school!
You'll need to write these for your college scholarships, applications and WPSF scholarship. Here are sample WPSF Scholarship essays you might be asked to write for this year's scholarship.
- Prompt 1: Create two questions that drive you. Briefly tell us why you chose these two questions (100-200 word limit)
- Prompt 2: Its been 10 years since you graduated from college and you're famous. What are you famous for and why? (100-200 word limit)
- Prompt 3: If your name were an acronym, what would it stand for and how would it reflect your strengths & personality? (100-200 word limit)
- Prompt 4: What do you think your experience will be like in college? What major changes do you anticipate to encounter for the first time? (100-200 word limit)
- Prompt 5: Think about your volunteer or job experiences so far. Which one has been the most impactful to you? In what specific way has this experience affected you? (100-200 word limit)
If you are eligible, you'll be required to turn in your FAFSA during the WPSF scholarship application process.
Click to be routed to the commonapp where you will be able to apply to multiple colleges at once! Start local and go global. Identify at least 5 colleges that align with your long-term career goals!
Your recommendation forms will be submitted to the WPSF scholarship team directly from this person via a link provided in the scholarship application. Share the link with them via email at least 3 weeks BEFORE the scholarship application deadline. Please give them a heads up to expect this from you.
Start talking to your teachers, coaches, employers etc. about this today. You'll be required to provide names of 2 people to submit an online recommendation form for you before the scholarship deadline. Here are some things to consider as you choose who to pick:
1. Can this person talk about my potential for college?
2. Have I known this person long enough?
3. What information could I share about myself with this person prior to them submitting this recommendation form?
4. When should I share the recommendation form with them?
All applications and recommendation forms must be submitted between November 1st and February 26th at 4:00 PM MST.
**PRIORITY DEADLINE: DECEMBER 17TH!!**
I NEED HELP!
If you need help with any of these items, please contact WPS Future Center OR any of the following ways for a 1:1 help session:
Email us – firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us – 720-542-5067
Text us – 720-552-8033
The Future Center has workshops every week to help with most of these items. Please click on the link to go to their website!
Follow us to stay in the loop!!