Thank you for your interest in the 2020-2021 WPSF scholarship application!
Last year, the foundation awarded over $230,000 in scholarships to students of Westminster Public Schools attending various post-secondary institutions.
The 2020-2021 WPSF Scholarship Application is now open. Scholarship application deadline is February 26th, 2021!
Here are some important items that you might be required to complete.
You'll need to write these for your college scholarships, applications and WPSF scholarship. Here are the main WPSF Scholarship essays you'll need to write for this year's scholarship (Limit these to 500 words)
- In 500 words or less, tell us about a piece of your personal journey or a success story that you wish more people knew and would help us understand you better.
- In 500 words or less, lay out an argument for getting a degree/certification after high school, in your opinion. Why is getting a degree important to you specifically?
- In 500 words or less, describe a time when you stepped out of your comfort zone in high school. How did this affect you?
- In 100 words or less, describe why the career described above interests you. Any backup plans?
- In no more than 200 words, please explain the impact of the jobs or volunteer experiences you have had
If you are eligible, you'll be required to turn in your FAFSA during the WPSF scholarship application process.
Click here to see how to start!
Click to be routed to the commonapp where you will be able to apply to multiple colleges at once! Start local and go global. Identify at least 5 colleges that align with your long-term career goals!
Start talking to your teachers, coaches, employers etc. about writing a professional letter of recommendation for you. You'll need one to submit your scholarship applications! Here is how you can start that conversation
Here is some helpful information on how to obtain your transcript. Start with your guidance counselor!
I NEED HELP!
If you need help with any of these items, please contact WPS Future Center OR any of the following ways for a 1:1 help session:
Email us – firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us – 720-542-5067
Text us – 720-552-8033
The Future Center has workshops every week to help with most of these items. Please click on the link to go to their website!
Follow us to stay in the loop!!